Dear Guest, Welcome to Montecatini Terme.
The following list gives specific directions on how to circulate in our town with the use of tour buses.
1) The city center, whose borders are indicated by signs saying “Zona a Traffico Limitato” (Restricted Traffic Area), is accessible every year from January 01st to December 31th through a fee decided by the District Council.
2) The entrance permit, TO BE VISIBLY SHOWN ON THE BUS’ WINDSHIELD, allows you to enter the RTA. In order to reach the limited time pick-up and drop-off points by the Hotel on the first and last day of your stay, the bus may ONLY DRIVE on the roads shown on the map attached to the permit itself. On the days of an excursion some Hotels’ pick-up and drop-off points may or may not be the same as the ones on the first and last day. Hence, the itinerary allowed to reach these points on the day of an excursion will be shown on maps #4 and #6.
3) After pick-up and drop-off operations have ended, if the bus has not been offered to stay in the hotels’ authorized private parking, it must exit the RTA and go in the municipal paying car-parking by the Stadium (P1), the Municipal Pool (P2) or the Hippodrome (P3), as indicated at the Bus Check Point.
4) IT IS SEVERELY FORBIDDEN keeping the motor on during pick-up, drop-off and at the rail-road crossing while the bars are down.
5) From September 1st to June 15th of every year between 7:50am and 8:20am, IT IS FORBIDDEN to exit the parking lots and entering the RTA.
6) Accessing tree-lined roads is at the driver’s own risk and the Municipality is relieved of any responsibility. Any damage caused by the vehicle to the plants is the driver’s responsibility.
In case of damage or accidents occurred in the municipal paying car-parking 1 – 2 – 3, it is recommended not removing the vehicle and to contact the Municipal Police located in Via del Salsero #171 – Tel. 0572 766907.